I know we’re always told to “Eat Our Rainbows”, and that usually white foods lack nutrients. Usually. Cauliflower is white, but one cup has tons of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, the B Vitamins, Fiber–in short, it’s a fantastic nutrient-dense choice to add to your dinner plate.
In combination with Potassium, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Protein from Cannellini Beans, Potassium and Vitamin C from Yellow Onions, and Potassium from Garlic, your dinner plate will make for one happy and healthy meal.
PASTA AND PAN-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 large basil leaves, julienned
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, coat a large sauté pan with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Sauté onion, cauliflower, and minced garlic with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup water while sautéing to help the cauliflower soften.
- When cauliflower is tender-crisp and the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta and stir everything together, including the drained Cannellini beans in a large bowl. To serve, sprinkle with basil and, if desired, grated parmesan cheese.